Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Baby Clothes and Hairbows


My hubby called me last week and said that they had all donated some money and asked me if I would mind buying some baby clothes for a guy at work that just had a baby.  Heck Yeah!  I got to buy baby clothes AND spend other people's money!  I bought a couple of outfits and then I remembered that I had started a dress for my niece last spring.  It was right before we moved, and I never finished it (and now it wouldn't fit her).  I actually made my kid a dress with the same pattern (Butterick 3404) when she was little.  I love how the skirt is made up of "petals".  It looks like a little fairy dress to me. 
 This pic helps you see the "petals" a little better.
 I also made her a pair of matching hot pink satin bloomers-

and a ridiculously large flower for her head.
I was having so much fun I decided to make bows for each of the outfits that I bought. Click under the picture for a link to how to make them.
 Rosette
I'm sure there's lots of tutorials for these.  I just wrapped the fabric around a pipe cleaner.  Then I twisted it into a rose shape.  I hot-glued  3 pieces of folded satin ribbon to the back for leaves.  Then I hot-glued a felt circle and a clip on the back.


I think I need a baby girl of my own :)
Linking up here.
You might also enjoy these other tutorials.

7 comments:

  1. I love the outfit, and the bows! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all super pretty!! I love learning new ways to make flowers :) Thanks for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute:) i have a little boy but i cant wait to have a girl too so i can make cute things like this:) so darling

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by 'Just Dream, Jelly Bean' and your sweet comment about my wreath! :)
    I am in love with the polka dot dress and matching bloomers...adorable!
    take care...
    ~ Jill
    i'm following back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the little outfits and the bows are just adorable!I am now your newest follower, I hope you will follow me too!!! I look forward to reading about your future creations :)

    http://sweetenedbykagi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. For some real bargains, go along to nearly new sales and secondhand babywear shops. Babies grow very quickly and favorite clothes are often outgrown long before they're worn out.

    ReplyDelete