Friday, April 1, 2011

Old Skool Crafting

First of all, it is an historic day. This little blog has 100 followers. I feel like my kids listen to nothing I say, so it's very nice of all of you to stop by and check out what I'm up to (maybe I should have my kids read my blog?).
I'm sure when we moved last summer I unpacked all my Easter Decor and then put it somewhere that I could easily find in the spring. I'm sure it is in some place very clever, because I can not find it. All I could find was our Easter Baskets.

I love these blocks-I have a set for each season. I made them 4 houses ago, but I still love them. We have this little nook by our front door, that I like to decorate (looks like I need to clean the mirror). I had some folded paper flowers in this old barn wood frame for St. Patty's, but it didn't really match my S-P-R-I-N-G. I thought about re-doing it with kites or carrots, but finally settled on eggs.


I scrounged around in my craft supplies looking for inspiration and found this stuff. Any old scrapbookers out there that remember this stuff?

First I cut out eggs with my stencil. Then I used my special scissors and circle punch to "decorate" the eggs. I used mounting squares to give them depth. Then I found my texture plates and decided to texture up my paper.

Then I put it all together. Next I'm going to make an Easter tree, b/c I'm not loving the red vase.

So everyone bust out your old supplies and see what you can come up.

Linking up here.
More holiday fun here.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun! :) I however don't have old craft supplies really, as i just started seriously crafting about 6 months ago, hehe (or rather, started seriously collecting craft materials!).

    Tnx so much for linking up your cute project at my party this weekend! I hope to see you back again next weekend. ;)

    ReplyDelete