Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Lego Birthday Party Idea Round-up

My baby is having a b-day and can't decide between a Lego Party and/or a Star Wars party (ideas here).  We may combine them. 

 Since I haven't had an original idea since 1996, I've been scouring  the Internet to see what others have come up with. ( I'll share my Star Wars finds tomorrow) There are some really clever moms out there.

I haven't had much luck w/ cake pops (here's my fail), but I may try these marshmallow pops.
Lego Marshmallow Pops
I really like this party from Delia Creates.  My favorite things about this party were the plates (plain square plates that she drew faces on) and the cool table runner.  It looks like the green LEGO base boards, but it's really just bubble wrap spray painted green.  Genius!



 
My biggest concern with the Lego party is what would have the kids do.  Delia suggests "I spy the Lego Guy" and "Lego, Lego, whose got the Lego".

I also love this Lego toss by Homemaking Fun.


Tip Junkie is always a goldmine and you can find the 20 Best Lego Birthday Ideas and Eight Lego Birthday Parties

The Coolest Ever Invitation was done by Allison Waken

Here's a link to lots of Lego Party Ideas from birthdayparty.com. There are no pictures, but lots of ideas.


The Lego Font can be found http://www.typenow.net/themed.htm (#268)

For Little Lego Lovers, Crumbs and Chaos hosted a fabulous Duplo Party for her son.

While we on the subject, I can't decide if this is super cool/ or super disturbing. Thoughts?


If you have any other great ideas, pretty, please share them and link them up below (I'm leaving the linky party up forever-and this post still gets tons of pageviews every day so it's a little free publicity for you).

8 comments:

  1. I would definitely do a Lego Star Wars party. That way you get the best of both worlds!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those ideas look amazing! Thanks for linking up at the Thrifty Peach Blog Hop. I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the Lego ideas! Wish I had some to share

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these Lego ideas. I've been thinking about a Lego Party for a while now. If you are interested in Star Wars, I did one for my son and posted it on my blog. Check it out at http://cookienut.blogspot.com/2010/10/star-wars-birthday-ideas.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. We did a lEGGo hunt-- like an Easter egg hunt but with legos inside eggs. Then whoever got the most red legos got a prize.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea for a linky party...Lego parties (and Legos in general) are so much fun! Thanks for the invite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really appreciate your ideas and i would like to say thank you for sharing these great tips.

    https://www.it-blue.com/

    ReplyDelete