I used to wear lipstick. I was even one of those girls that carried it around and would reapply as needed throughout the day. However, sometime in the past 13 years, I all but stopped wearing it. Maybe I stopped when I starting having babies. (I couldn't help myself from kissing there little heads all the time and didn't want to cover them in lipstick). Or maybe I stopped when I quit work and just ran around w/ little kids all day. (Honestly, there were many days when my kids were small that I was happy if I managed to take a shower) I also never quite found the right shade and was tired of spending money on the wrong ones.
One of my goals is to be 40 and fabulous, not 40 and frumpy and so I set the goal to wear lipstick every time I left the house for 30 days. Mary Kay hooked me up and sent me 17 tubes of lipsticks! How fun is that?
I have to admit that I forgot a few times, but I was about 95% faithful. Here's what I learned during this challenge:
1. Raisenberry looks fabulous on me ( I also really like nutmeg)
2. I have big teeth and thin lips and so a little lipstick makes a big difference.
3. Since I used to only wear it on special occasions, it made me feel a little special every day.
4. Wearing lipstick made me a little more glamorous and sexy.
5. Wearing lipstick requires very little effort.
6. You can give yourself a virtual makeover here. It's pretty fun. You can try out all the make-up and they even had about 15 pages of hairstyles to try out (I even tried out being a blonde-but it wasn't for me). What do you think of this hair style on me?
So what about you-are you afraid to leave the house w/out your full "face" on or could you use a little boost in the glamour department?
To see where I link up or to add your party, please click here.