Friday, June 7, 2013

Nana Belle Apron


I have mentioned before that I used to get to plan a monthly activity for ladies at church. Due to recent staffing changes, I now teach 8 year olds, but I had already worked on June's activity. We were going to do a "Princess Academy" theme with mini-classes from a Fairy Godmother (make-up tips), Princess Tiana (healthy cooking), and Belle (how to get the most out of her favorite book-the scriptures).  My Mom teaches a religion class and is a bit of a character, so I thought she'd be perfect for Belle.  

She said she'd only do it, if I made her some sort of a costume (I told you she was a character)  and that it needed to be the blue outfit, because "yellow is not my color". I was inspired by these fun Disney Princess aprons here .  Here's what I came up with:


Front
 Back
 She was horrified to be photograph from the rear-so props for bravery Mom:)
Aren't moms just the best?

I have a step-by-step tutorial that I will eventually blog about.

Quick poll question: Who's your favorite princess?

1 comment:

  1. your Mom is GREAT! :D
    this is awesome apron, indeed! I am thinking about making some, my favorite princess is Snow White, of course :)

    ReplyDelete